Who we are
Our website address is: https://mailnom.com.
We are an American private limited liability company. We provide email marketing and automation software as a service. We process Personal Data as a Processor on behalf of the Customer.
What information we Process
MailNom collects both “Personal Data” and “Non-Personal Data” about you and will Process this data for the duration of the Services, as described in the TOS:
- Customers information: identification and contact data (name, contact details, username); billing information (credit card details, account details, payment information); organization information (name, address, geographic location, area of responsibility, VAT code), IP addresses.
- Subscribers information: identification and contact data (name, date of birth, gender, occupation or other demographic information, address, title, contact details, including email address), personal interests or preferences (including purchase history, marketing preferences and publicly available social media profile information); IT information (IP addresses, usage data, cookies data, online navigation data, location data, browser data).
At any time, you may log in and change this information, or remove it. You may decline to provide Personal Data to the Services, however, some of the Personal Data we ask you to provide, for example, email address, is mandatory for a Service. If you decline to provide it, we may not be able to provide that service to you.
- Browser and device information: location, device type, model, number, type of browser or operating system, the time and date of access, browsing activity, screen resolution, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services you are using, and other information that does not personally identify you.
- Information from your use of the Services and information from other sources: we may receive information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account and link it to other information we collect about you. Also, we may obtain information about you or your Subscribers from third party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers and our joint marketing partners. This information may include, for example, time, date, browser used, demographic information, device information (such as device type, model, number, type of browser or operating system, IP addresses), location and online behavioral data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links), actions you have taken, anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
Purposes of Processing
MailNom uses collected information for the operation of the Services, to maintain the quality of the Service, to provide general statistics regarding use of the Service, to promote and analyze the Services, to provide customer support and send information about the Services, to protect the rights and safety of Customers, Subscribers, third-parties and our own, to send customised informational or promotional content and provide suggestions according to marketing preferences, to ensure observance of our TOS and meet the legal requirements, to verify identity and provided information, manage payments, to understand demographics, Customer interests and needs, and other trends among users, and for other business purposes.
How we collect your information
Data provided by our Customers: Customers may import into the Services Personal Data they have collected from their Subscribers or other individuals. We have no direct relationship with Customers’ Subscribers or any individuals other than our Customers. Our Processing of Personal Data is based on the data subject freely given consent and Customers are responsible for making sure they have the necessary permissions for us to Process Personal Data about Subscribers or other individuals.
Tracking technologies: in connection with the performance of the Services, MailNom uses:
- Web beacons: we include single-pixel gifs (web beacons) in emails we send, which allow us to collect information about when you open the email and your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We use the data from those web beacons to create reports about how your email campaign performed and what actions your Subscribers took, to capture the time spent on the Services, pages visited and email campaign performance.
- Unique identifiers and similar tracking technologies: we may use other tracking technologies to administer the Services, track your movements around the Services, analyze trends, track behavior, serve targeted advertisements and gather demographic information, to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of Customers.
Log Data monitoring: we may collect log data whenever you access our tool. This data could include things like an IP address, browser type and version, the pages you visit on MailNom and other user statistics. When you access MailNom with a mobile device, log data may include the type of device, your mobile unique ID, the IP address of your device, mobile operating system and other mobile statistics.
Transferring to third-party companies
We may disclose Non-Personal Data for any purpose because this information cannot be used to identify you or another person.
Email communications & opting out
From time to time you may receive from us emails related to your use of MailNom. Based on the Personal Data that you provide us, we may communicate with you in response to your inquiries to provide the Services you request and to manage your account. We may also use your Personal Data to send you updates and other promotional communications. Every email will contain a link to be able to opt-out of receiving it. We may still send important messages regarding administrative matters, updates, disputes, and customer service issues that are required to provide the Services.
If a Subscriber no longer wants to be contacted by one of our Customers, he can unsubscribe directly from that Customers’ newsletter or contact the Customer directly to update or delete the data. If a Subscriber contacts us, we will refer him to that Customer. We will retain personal information we Process on behalf of our Customers for as long as needed to provide our Services or to comply with our obligations.
Safety of your information
MailNom takes reasonable precautions, technical and organizational security measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, follows industry best practices in order to protect your Personal Data from any unauthorized or unlawful breach of security that leads to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or access to Personal Data and to preserve the security and confidentiality of the data. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such precautions. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
The customer is responsible for reviewing the information made available by MailNom relating to its data security and making an independent determination as to whether the Services meet Customer’s requirements and legal obligations under Data Protection Laws. Also, Customer is responsible for its secure use of the Services, including securing its account authentication credentials, protecting the security of Personal Data when in transit to and from the Services and taking any appropriate steps to securely encrypt or backup any Personal Data uploaded to the Services.
Protecting Subscriber’s lists and data
We reserve the right to monitor your lists, content and response data from time to time to make sure they comply with our TOS, we will never share, sell or rent your customer data to anyone for any reason.
Our data storage centre is in Lithuania (European Union) and has information storage security certificate (ISO 27001) as well as a certificate of IT service management (ISO 20000) so you can rest assured that your Subscribers data is safe with us.
Links to other websites
Data Processing Agreement
We created our Data Processing Agreement to cover the GDPR requirements as they relate to email marketing and we encourage all our Customers to review it and sign.
Age of consent
By using the Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
Merger or acquisition
- would like to request access to information we hold about you (we will give it to you within 30 days of any request for that information), correct, modify, delete or update Personal Data that you have provided to us, or
Please contact us any time via email: [email protected].
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
1. What are cookies
Cookies are tiny pieces of text that are placed on your device when you visit a website meant to improve your experience. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows us or a third-party to recognise you on further visits, or to authorise other designated websites to recognise you for a particular purpose, such as to make your next visit easier or the Service more useful to you.
2.1. When you use our website and the Services, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
2.3. Third-parties may serve cookies through our website and Services to provide analytics, to store your preferences and personalize your experience, to enable delivery of advertisements, including behavioral advertising and other types. The cookies set by a third-party may change from time to time and we have no control over these cookies.
2.5. The data collected by our website and / or through Cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above.
2.6. Do Not Track (DNT) is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. Some web browsers include the ability to transmit these signals. Since there is no universally-agreed upon standard for what a company should do when it detects a DNT signal, MailNom doesn’t currently process or respond to DNT signals.
3. What types and categories of cookies do we use
- “First-party” cookies are cookies that belong to MailNom and that MailNom places on your device.
- “Third-party” cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our website.
- “Session” cookies are deleted from your device when you close your web browser;
- “Persistent” cookies will remain stored on your device until deleted or until they reach their expiration date.
(a) Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are crucial to a website, they are necessary to provide you with Services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas, login-related cookies, which we use when you are logged in so that we can remember this fact. This prevents you from having to log in every single time you visit a new page. You can refuse or delete these cookies, but in this case, our website page might not function properly.
(b) Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to improve the performance and functionality of our websites, allow to remember the choices you make, to provide enhanced and more personal features. Functionality cookies will not track your activity on other websites. These cookies are not strictly necessary, however, without them, certain services may be unavailable.
(c) Performance (analytical) cookies. These cookies help improve the way a website and Service work. They may measure usage of our website, track things, such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit. For example, performance (analytical) cookies may show the most frequently visited pages, help to record any difficulties with a website and show whether advertising on a website is effective or not. Performance (analytical) cookies do not collect Personal Data and all the information that is collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous.
|Cloudflare For more information about Cloudflare cookies, please click here: https://www.cloudflare.com/cookie-policy/
|Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics For more information about Google cookies, please click here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookieshttps://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/…
(d) Advertising (targeting) cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests while also limiting the number of times you see the same advert on a website. These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may also share this information with third-parties for this purpose. Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate-tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our Customers have come to the website through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately, and where applicable, allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
4. What are your choices regarding cookies
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
- If you are located in European Union you may visit www.youronlinechoices.eu or www.aboutads.info/choices, if you are in the United States.
4.2. All of the major browsers offer tips and guidance for managing the cookies that are available on your browser. For your convenience, we have provided links to the cookie management page for the most popular web browsers: